View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 11:34 AM
HerkDriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: A300 F/O

My friend was the pilot denied the seat.

He was told "that with an additional jumpeseater it is too crowded with a double crew". I guess with the seats in the back plus the rest facilities, the largest plane on the property still wasn't roomie enough for this guy. Can any 777 guys weigh in on this please?

What makes matters worse is that he had my freind's email address and cell phone number from his email requesting the ride, but this guy couldn't be bothered to let him know he was going to screw him until the day of the flight. Absolutely no consideration for a fellow crewmember...

I have heard that our Hong Kong breathren have had to face this issue several times. What gives? Any Hong Kong guys care to comment? This is definitely the kind of UNITY that the company likes to see among it's crewmembers. We don't have to wait for the company to hose us on the next contract...we're doing it to each other already!

FYI: The Captain that denied the jumpseater is on Trip 81/15 Jun, and it ends in ANC on the 18th. Initials are SM. He has a backend deadhead. I'd sure hate to see this guy be denied a seat home...sometimes those planes just get too crowded. Unlisted phone numbers, but if you know where he lives, please PM me. I'd love to know; sometimes those flights out of his hometown just get too full as well.

Last edited by HerkDriver; 06-15-2011 at 12:07 PM.