View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Slice
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Spartan

IMHO, don't be in such a hurry to get to the regionals. You can still be there within 2 years going the traditional CFI route or even another way. Flying for the airlines, while better than any non-flying job I ever had, is not that exciting after you've done it for a while. Going to the same airports over and over again...The most fun I've had in my flying career aside from the military(which is a lot of work too) was flying GA while building time. I've met numerous people and made lifelong friends with folks I never would have known. Flown all over the States to grass strips, gravel, dirt, landed at Catalina Island, etc. ALL BEFORE I MADE IT TO THE REGIONALS! Since then, I've been a bus driver and a guard guy. Not a bad life but much different than before. The point is, if you do a zero to hero program, you may get there faster(or not) but you're missing out on a big part of the journey...parts that you will not have the time or money(for many, many, many years) to experience and enjoy. Just my $.02