View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 02:43 AM
dosbo
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Furlough/Gun Driver

Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
There is a lack of qualified people as is right now at the regionals. Several places are having a hard time filling classes and it would be that much worse if they had to increase their hiring.
Originally Posted by dosbo View Post
There is no depleted supply or shortage of pilots!!!!

We are sitting at home furloughed or unwilling to start again at regional cr@p wages. When will people figure this out.

Did you miss the part about starting again at CR@P wages.

I make twice regional starting pay working part time in the guard. Why would I go back to commuting at a regional for $19,800 yr abusing myself flying for a captain half my age after 20+ years of military and commercial experience. I don't even think the second year 700 pay $33,300 yr, per the jet for job program at Skywest, is worth the hassle. In fact I find it insulting that I am furloghed so regional feed can expand and then I'm offered an FO job flying for the airline that was awarded the flying that I'm furloughed from. That is just plain assinine that ALPA would endorse that.

And I'm supposed to believe there is a pilot shortage? I'm throwing the BS flag on this one. WE ARE OUT HERE, but what is being offered is not worth it.

I'll come back when it's a career again, I can support a family, and I'm adequately compensated for my skills and experience. I also expect enough time off to enjoy my family, they have already sacrificed enough.

Of course I would love to see a pilot shortage so severe that mainline has to park thier aircraft because the regionals have been depleted and there are still not enough pilots to staff the mainline aircraft. That will never happen, but that is my definition of a pilot shortage.

When the regionals can't find enough pilots it means that too much mainline flying has been outsourced. Instead of four to six round trips per day between destinations decrease it to two to three per day on bigger equipment, this isn't rocket science.

Rant Over, I need more coffee