Thread: 135 Jobs
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 09:40 AM
bcpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Originally Posted by Walkeraviator View Post
Again, it all depends. Some 135 ops have terrible schedules...I turned down an interview with key lime air, because they have you do duty rest at the out station. For a married guy with a kid, this is WAY worse than spending a days on the road. It also depends on you as a person and what you look for in a job. Good thing about a lot of 135 cargo jobs is you are all on your own at your base. Its up to you to keep your plane in repair. You can wear what you want (mostly). YOu just gotta take it case by case and see how it stacks up. For me, ameriflight and similar jobs isnt a good idea, i am not mobile enough to be able to pull up and move to Commifornia. So going to oakland to fly a navajo isnt in my game plan at all. For me, the ability to commute (regionals) is a big factor.
@Walkeraviator; Even Though I live in California & Oakland is 40 mins drive from where I live, I would not consider Ameriflight, How do U expect to live in California with $2,200 per month...... What will one eat & what one feeds their kids.........

I agree with U walker, I'd rather work for a regional like eagle & live in a cheap place & commute. For $2000 or $2200 a month, I'd rather fly a ATR or EMJ or CRJ......

Also, If some one was joining Mountain Air Cargo with 400 or 500 TT, that still would make some sense, why would someone join Ameriflight with 1200 TT & 50 Multi, when with the same times & for the same pay, one can join a 121 regional....

One thing I always wonder, if regionals are lowering the minimums & having tough find the people, how will Ameriflights find their guys next year......