View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 07:42 PM
3212L
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2010
Position: C172, Left

Thanks for the quick replies. I spoke with the VA today (on hold for 30 min.) and of course all she could tell me was that I needed to speak with the certifying official at the school. All other VA approved 141 school's websites indicate 60% reimbursement for all ratings after the private. The certifying official at the school said they do not have a lot of students that use the GI Bill (I guess everyone else is smart and uses it for med / law school, haha). The school seems to be a good school. They screen Student Naval Aviators prior to reporting to Pensacola. I'm pretty much limited to this school due to the location to my house and job (20 miles away, next closest is 80 miles away). I figure I will use the bill for the instrument (60% of all charges) and worry about the commercial when I get to it. I just hope they don't mess up the reimbursement for the instrument considering they do not do it very often. I did learn something form the VA today that is off subject. After using all of the Montgomery GI Bill (Ch. 30), you may be eligible for up to 12 months of the Post 9/11 GI Bill (subject to how many months you served after Sept. 11). Anyways, thanks for the info. ATLCFI and rickair7777.