View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 10:14 PM
bcpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Originally Posted by Cantankerously View Post
I’m looking for some information on the Aerosim Academy in Sanford, Florida. I’ve been a long time luker on this sight and I have gotten a lot of good information. Anyway my question is how is the Aerosim Academy is regards to quality of training? I want to be an airline pilot; Aerosim looks like they have a great program. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the school? I want good training above all else. I like the idea of the structure of schools like Aerosim and ATP. I’m leaning toward Aerosim because they are accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges. I’ll tell you a bit about myself. I’m 25, I graduated from the College of Charleston with a degree in History and I have been working a desk job for a few years and I hate it. That being said I took some flight training in 2005 before I went to college and loved it, I quit because of going to school, a decision I regret to this day. I can and currently hold a Class 1. My goal is to get the best training I can and be to get hired by a Regional Airline.

4 words "JUST ANOTHER FANCY SCHOOL" "NOT WORTH THE COST....."
No Offence & I am not against this school but that is what the TRUTH is....

Question is how are U funding your training??
If Loan then AEROSIM OR any such school will work..

If my son or daughter or brother ever wanted to do flying, this is what I would recomend.......
1) DO NOT TAKE A LOAN.... or Take as little as possible.
2) IF paying cash or self Sponsored, Then choose any cheapest FBO part 61 school for PVT & do in steam gauges conventional Airplane.....
3) Then Build time on your own for Instrument & commercial requirements & then finish up the last 30 to 40 hrs with a senior experienced instructor. 4) Buying your own 152 or 172 if possible, after your PVT, is also not a bad option, It will save U a lot of money & U can fly a lot of $100 or $200 hamburgers with friends sharing the costs.....

Avoid any 141 program if you can.... That's my personal opinion, there are a lot others who may differ with me.......