View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 12:36 PM
DWS1
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2008

Definitly a precarious situation but the story isn't written yet. I don't think Hansell needs an excuse and what will be will be based on actual business conditions. The ability of management to gain market share via effective business development is another story. As far as the market is concerned, so far there isn't the credit/liquidity crisis that was taking place back in 09' that led to so many contract terminations. Also, I would assume many of the "weaker" owners who were shaken out during that downturn are still on the sidelines. In other words, hopefully we have a more stable client base these days.

As one of the very bottom at NJA, this last weeks events have certainly not helped my morale. But then again, I've been in the trenches for two years now (10 if you count the fact that nothing has improved for me since 9/11) and I'm getting fairly numb to the barrage of uncertainty that has been placed on my livlihood. That being said, I hope after 5 years as a dedicated employee I wouldn't be cast out by way of an excuse. I do know how naive that sounds though. And, unfortunately, I don't have any confidence that the pilot group would stand together and say voluntarily remove themselves from the 18-day schedule in an effort to save some jobs and convey unity in the run up to negotiations. After all, the Union Reps are on the 18-day. But I could be wrong and hope I am if it comes to it.