View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 04:10 PM
kingairfun
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by XDriverX View Post
"... unfortunately, I don't have any confidence that the pilot group would stand together and say voluntarily remove themselves from the 18-day schedule in an effort to save some jobs ..."

DWS, I guarantee that wouldnt happen. The union guys are so hipocritcal it makes me laugh. The big union reps on the board will lie to you, and then 1 month later they will deny ever telling you that lie. I have lost all faith in NJASAP, and if I didnt know better and were quicker to draw unsubstantiated conclusions, Id be positive they were just some goats being herded by the top brass.
In their minds, being on the 18 day doesnt effect how many are furloughed or brought back. 95% of the pilots will not drop the 18 day even if it means saving you your job and house and family. They are too concerned with trying to be 18 again and buying that 75K corvette and the snowmobile for Aspen overnites.
Yeah, Im a little angry 2 years later.
Having been at Comair during the start of the end....And having seen what has transpired at NJASAP..I am convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that Union heads have no more idea what is going on than the rest of us... Sure they might be at the table of business updates, but they are being fed the same lines as the rest of the group. Only thing is they are viewed as havinbg solid info, so when they come on the boards giving their opinion on one thing or another it gets viewed as the gospel...

After all this time they have finally admitted they don't have any solid way to track sell-offs. Rely on the FAA to keep them updated on fleet numbers. And what rely ****es me off is one of them fiunally states the real reason we aren't allowed on the msg. board. Then as soon as he is outted, retracts hios statement saying another thing..Then never shows up again....

Still love unions, just think they should stick to what they know...The contract and not trying to help run a business.