View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 07:05 PM
SVTCobra
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2011
Position: B747-400 CA

Originally Posted by paokgate4 View Post
I said the above statement because you were very vocal and against the furlough mitigation at mesa....and did not want any cuts of your min guarrantee to save 185 junior fos from going in the street....how is it feel now that you are going to be on the bottom of the seniority at kalitta? if that happens there, will you be happy if senior pilots at Kalitta send you in the street?

just wondering...i hope you dont hav to face that with family to feed
Yep I was against it only because that would have played right into JOs hands given his track record and the furloughs would still have happened just as they did.As you know more than 185 guys got kicked to the street because of poor decisions the company made.A reduction of min guarantee was not going to save the 185 guys for very long, just like the UPS pilots couldn't stave off furloughs very long.

The finger pointing needs to be directed towards the people who have operational control of the company.They will always do what they want regardless of pilot input or sacrifice.

As you may have heard, Mesa wanted the Captains to give up some of their hourly pay rate to the FOs as their "pay raise"

Airline management needs to stop making their problems turn into our problem and then pass the buck onto us to work it out among ourselves.

If the same situation occurs at Kalitta then I have to live with whatever hand I'm dealt.Being at the bottom of any pilot seniority list is always a gamble.