View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 07:55 PM
bcpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Originally Posted by beeker View Post
Its never about how much you make its about how much you spend.
Originally Posted by Leemaine View Post
I am giving Emirates some serious thought and the #1 reason would be for $$, but not the only. the wife is excited about it and we have a 7yr/old and just recently i read a thread about how money can be tight on an FO salary, just trying to get a better understanding of how much things cost. Being a USA regional FO,,8000USD+ a month sounds great, so how could someone post that money could be tight? What am i missing ? just how much do things cost in Dubai?
No doubts that I agree the poster right above me. It's how much one spends....

But Dubai is a city where one can be having a good decent life in $4,000 & on the other side $14,000 or even $20,000 is also less.....

You can eat in $5-$15 dollars or $150 dolars......

I have been to Dubai many times & it is a very secure & stable place to live, Virtually no crime. Almost everyone is a immigrant, so no one feels out of place & no discrimination.
Besides missing family, perhaps one of the few things one will miss is having a few beers in a Football game or barbecue with friends on a lake side & having few drinks.....
If you go with an open mind & you like new places, you will be able to adjust OK.

If you are a regional FO & you qualify with the 20 tonnes requirement, apply ASAP & if you to get Emirates, RUN, don't walk....... Coz the day you get a job with a major in USA, you can always come back...... if you want to.