Old 08-19-2011, 02:22 AM
MD11Fr8Dog
...Whatever It Is!

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by gderek View Post
I'd think the only negative would be if you didn't have any hours leftover for a future vacation period, but you should be able to avoid that. My understanding is you can just continue to go in the hole every year. As for a MUV trip, maybe if it was a nice trip that you wanted to fly and didn't want to use your make up bank.
This is true, I've been in the hole every year since 2000. The only caveat is that you need to have at least 00+01CH of Vac in your Vac bank to be able to use a vacation week, but you can use the whole number of days allowed. Also, many don't know that you can reduce the footprint of your last Vac week to match you available hrs if you like. Example, if I have only 12 hrs left in my bank, I can reduce my number of V days to 2, instead of 7 (or however many are scheduled).

I will have 2+00 hrs left in my VAC bank after my Vac next month. I have 7 days of Vac in Nov. I can reduce my footprint mown to 1 or go in the hole. The only time I've done MUV was a few yrs ago when I was -3CHs in my VAC bank with another week to go. I did 6CH of MUV to get back to a positive balance then went in the hole with my last week of Vac.