View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 09:38 AM
757Driver
Need More Callouts

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Unbridled Enthusiasm

Originally Posted by REAL Pilot View Post
Easy on the military stereotype. Shackone and EDP don't get it. If you look/work in the industry long-term, you will see "the fleecing of labor". Then spineless labor accepts/excuses the excesses and continues to subsidize public transportation through contracts "that let us live another day". The union infers that next time will be different, but is it? It could be different, but with a splintered group that will not draw and hold a line in the sand, the erosion continues. Most military guys I know are willing to back their principles with action and not accept the continual lowering of the bar.
Without collective/national efforts AND WORK ACTIONS, the decline will continue with the continued market pressures. Yes, there would be casualties but that would be the cost of doing business and the group as a whole would be better off.
Excellent post RP. Unfortunately at CAL the biggest sympathizers I run into are recently ex-Military. I'm not inferring that all Military types are Management sycophants but I'm finding that the newly released ones seem to be until they get a great big sh!t sandwich courtesy of management.

Again excellent post and I wholeheartedly agree with you 100%. Its time to take back our contracts and the cost won't be cheap.

I'm willing to do what it takes, are you?