View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 05:59 AM
EWRflyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: 737 CAPT

Originally Posted by SNA320 View Post
I've looked and looked but cannot find where the pass travel charges can be found on the employee res site. I've heard they are substantially higher than on UAL. Can any CAL types tell me where I can find what it would cost a UA guy to nonrev from RSW-IAH-SNA.

Thanks in advance,

SNA320
Same as the cost a CO guy would pay to non-rev: $0 if you are asking about coach travel (see Q & A below)

Flying Together>Fee-Waived Economy Travel (scroll down left side of the page under "Travel Tools>Interim Pass Travel")

Fee-Waived Economy Travel

• What’s changing with the new fee-waived economy travel privileges?
    The fee-waived economy travel privileges remove the ZED service charges from the interim program that United co-workers and eligible pass riders pay to fly on Continental flights, as well as the charges Continental co-workers and eligible pass riders pay for travel on United flights in all domestic markets.
    It also removes the service charges Continental co-workers and eligible pass riders pay to travel in economy on domestic Continental routes.
  • What flights are eligible for fee-waived economy travel?
    Eligible pass riders can take advantage of fee-waived travel in economy class on the following flights:
    • All domestic U.S. flights operated by the United and Continental subsidiaries. This includes routes to and from Hawaii and Alaska
    • All flights within the Micronesian islands
    • All flights between Guam and the Micronesian islands
  • Who is eligible for fee-waived economy travel?
    Fee-waived economy travel is available to all subsidiary United, Continental and Continental Micronesia co-workers, retirees, early outs and eligible pass riders, regardless of their years of active company service.
    Service charges for buddy passes and companion passes remain the same for flights on both United and Continental.
  • When does fee-waived economy travel take affect?
    The effective date for fee-waived economy travel is June 8, 2011 for all subsidiary United, Continental and Continental Micronesia co-workers, retirees, early outs and eligible pass riders.
  • What should I do if I’ve created a pass travel itinerary before June 7 for a trip at a later date?
    We urge all pass riders who have pending domestic, economy reservations to cancel the bookings in WebList or employeeRES and re-list to take advantage of fee-waived domestic, economy travel.
  • Does fee-waived economy travel apply to international flights?
    At this time, all co-workers traveling on their respective subsidiary’s airline continue to pay applicable service charges for traveling in economy class to and from international destinations. In addition, co-workers of each subsidiary will continue to receive a 33 percent discount on ZED fares for international travel on flights operated by the other subsidiary.
    Fee-waived economy travel on international routes will be available across both subsidiaries when the integrated Pass Travel Program is introduced in 2012.
  • Will co-workers and other eligible pass riders continue to pay service charges for traveling in premium cabins?
    Yes. All pass riders will continue to pay applicable service charges for traveling in premium classes, system-wide on their respective carriers. Co-workers of each subsidiary and other eligible pass riders will continue to receive a 33 percent discount on ZED fares for travel in premium classes on flights operated by the other subsidiary.
    Service charges will be standardized across both subsidiaries when the integrated Pass Travel Program is introduced in 2012.
  • Does fee-waived economy travel change our interim boarding priorities?
    No. Fee-waived economy travel privileges do not change our interim boarding priorities.
  • Does fee-waived economy travel change our pass travel dress code?
    No. Fee-waived economy travel privileges do not change our travel dress code policy.
  • Where do I go to with questions?
    Please contact the Employee Travel Center at [email protected] with any questions.