View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 07:39 AM
EWRflyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: 737 CAPT

Originally Posted by Andy View Post
EWRflyer, thanks for posting that about fee waived travel. That explains the free coach seating I was quoted for a couple of flights. However, there are still charges for international Y for UAL employees.
You're welcome. However, I know you specifically asked about RSW-IAH-SNA (domestic). I put all of the Q & A in my reply in case you were considering other travel/cabin options. It does state the fee-waived travel is good for domestic economy only until the aligned pass travel becomes effective in 2012. CAL employees will also be charged to ride international Y on sUA for now.

"The fee-waived economy travel privileges remove the ZED service charges from the interim program that United co-workers and eligible pass riders pay to fly on Continental flights, as well as the charges Continental co-workers and eligible pass riders pay for travel on United flights in all domestic markets.

It also removes the service charges Continental co-workers and eligible pass riders pay to travel in economy on domestic Continental routes."

"Will co-workers and other eligible pass riders continue to pay service charges for traveling in premium cabins?
Yes. All pass riders will continue to pay applicable service charges for traveling in premium classes, system-wide on their respective carriers. Co-workers of each subsidiary and other eligible pass riders will continue to receive a 33 percent discount on ZED fares for travel in premium classes on flights operated by the other subsidiary.

Service charges will be standardized across both subsidiaries when the integrated Pass Travel Program is introduced in 2012."