View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 06:22 AM
aa73
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by B757200ER View Post
PBS was great when we had it. It would take me all of 2 minutes to put in the days off I wanted, with the layovers or 3-day trips I wanted. Paris, London, Maui or Honolulu...and frequently I'd get what I bid for. Two 3-day trips back to back, only 2 commutes, 12 days off work, 18 days off.

When AA bought us, I wqent back to looking thru phone-book sized bid packages, trying to sort out what I would bid. It took hours to accurately bid, and I hated it. It was like going back in time to my first airline job.

Time for AA (If APA helps manage it) to get some form of PBS; time to get off that unpaved, dirt access road that parallels the information superhighway!
757... I see your point but, man, knowing the history of these types of deals with AMR management, scares the crap out of me! You need to realize that no matter how much of a hand APA would have in PBS, management WOULD find a way to alter it in their favor. And that would probably mean no open time, a schedule completely different from the one you bid on, and overall total career stagnation. It would be COMPLETELY different from the sweet system you guys had. 73