View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 10:20 AM
Ottopilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: 737 CA

[QUOTE=wild4theuniform;105699]Jeez, every day we live we are one day closer to death! Should we not let people over 55 drive cars either? QUOTE]

Most heart attacks in cars don't result in the deaths of 210 passengers. Sure, there are unhealthy young people and healthy old people. I think what people are saying is medical problems NORMALLY increase with age. I was a cop and there were too many old people driving cars that should not have been. You might have seen some on the news plowing through crowds of people. We do not get better with age when it comes to flying complex aircraft. Experience is one thing, but slow reflexes and poor vision come with age. I know, I am one aging pilot. I've been flying 25 years and I have reached the downhill side of being at my physical peak. I still have 20 years to go and it will not get better. Don't be insulted by the youth's comments, they grow older everyday too. You can't put an age number on health: every pilot is different in their physical condition. It is true that MOST people get worse with age. That is just a fact of life.