View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 11:24 AM
wild4theuniform
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Default Ironic

Originally Posted by Skygirl View Post
Just like you using your young friends death to further your agenda. Karma Indeed!!!
I have no agenda other than agreeing that the age 60 rule is unfair. Furthermore, I am not, nor have not, used anyone's passing to do so. I am using that as an example of how wrong it would be to use the Continental pilot's passing. I'm sure his family would agree with me and would be appalled to read about their loved one being used to further someone's agenda. As Velocipede mentioned, he knows of younger pilots having to go out on leave for cancer treatment. Using that sort of logic, perhaps we should ban all pilots of all ages with any sort of family medical history that might cause an unexpected medical emergency.

My karma is just fine, thank you.[/QUOTE]

Ya know what I find hysterical, Sky? How both you and I have NO agenda (not being pilots) but yet we still get bashed. All we're saying is that young people have to realize that they too will be middle-aged someday and will suddently have an epiphany (hope that's not too big of a word for some of you!) that middle age brings experience and confidence that not too many young people have. Like you said in a different thread, Sky, you feel much more confident with a more mature captain in front than a kid who barely shaves. He's probably seen and done more in his career (emergency wise) than you have ever read about or done in a sim.

P.S. - Let's cut the cr*p and be honest here -- we ALL know it's about the left seat. Always has been, always will be. You're all just foaming at the mouth waiting for your turn. Not saying if that's right or wrong, it's just a fact. You could all give a rat's behind as to what the Captain's age is and what is in his latest medical. You're just counting the days til you get your shot at the big time....Just remember, someday you will be in the left seat and some snot nose will be eyeing your seat up and down just like you did before...LOL

Last edited by wild4theuniform; 01-21-2007 at 11:49 AM.