View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 02:12 PM
HSLD
APC co-founder

Joined APC: Feb 2005
Position: B777

Originally Posted by Pilotpip View Post
I'm starting to seriously consider joining calcapt. In the not-to-distant past this was a great site that I enjoyed reading. I'm hoping the quality returns shortly.
A plea to everyone: Instead of jumping ship in resignation that "it's a drag", why not take the forum back? This is a community and 2 forum administrators and 3 forum moderators can't "fix" it alone.

The forum has experienced explosive growth over the past year and the two founders have worked hard to keep this resource free and open to all.

Our goal is to have this forum serve as a useful resource for working airline pilots. We have allowed non-pilots to post here as a courtesy, however if it diminishes the quality of the resource we may need to re-think our policy.

During the past 18 months, we've seen this forum become self policing in that the majority of users take the high road and ignore attacks and so-called flamebait. We've also noticed that quality of discussion lately, in general, has taken a negative turn in terms of attacks and remarks that otherwise violate the forum terms of use.

I'd ask that forum users take ownership of the forum, and help raise the community standards.

How you can help:

As much as the forum Admins and Moderators would like to read every single post - it just doesn't happen. We need your help in finding abusive users and posts. I have NO problem showing abusive users the door, but I need to know about them.

Use the "report bad post" icon on the post in questions to send the moderators and admins a notice about the post. Please be sure to let us know how you think the post violates the forum terms of service. The Report Bad Post icon is the upside down yield sign in the post view.

I'm open to suggestions on what changes you'd like to see here. We want the forum to be an outstanding resource - but it's a resource that requires community involvement, not abandonment.

We don't strive to be the biggest aviation forum nor do view the forum as a profit center - we have no plans to splatter the forum with advertising like most other aviation forums. We simply want the forum to be a resource where pilots can help pilots. If it can't perform that basic function, maybe it is time to pull the plug.

Only this community can collectively make that decision.

Last edited by HSLD; 01-21-2007 at 03:49 PM.