View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 06:29 PM
RockyBoy
Doesn't Get Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
I wonder how much we will end up competing with ourselves since we will still have to have a substantial domestic presence out of JFK no matter what. The failed model of the past where Delta thought people love to fly into LGA and self cab and recheck in JFK won't cut it against AA or even a stand alone JB that code shares with every flag carrier on earth and it won't even cut it with a single airport system at EWR for UCAL.
It is being planned as a domestic only hub so I don't think we are really planning on connecting passengers using LGA to go international. As nice as it would be to have all our stuff at JFK, the local O&D domestic passengers would much prefer LGA over JFK. I think we can build a very profitable domestic only hub at LGA with this local traffic and let JFK be run as an international hub like it currently is. Alot of the AA and B6 local traffic from JFK will come to LGA as well as alot of the local UCAL traffic from EWR if we can treat the customers right. There should be no reason to go to JFK or EWR if you are flying domestically East of the Mississippi and now we will control almost 50% of that market which could be huge for us.