View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 01:48 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by widebodyjunkie View Post
Which airlines segregate their pilots based on base and airline?? Not really relevant but just curious. I would think that mixing and matching between carriers would cause a conflict of interest...if a pilot is flying passengers to o'hare under United Express...then turning around and flying to SLC under Delta?
How does that create a conflict of interest for the Pilots? They just fly the airplanes the same way they always do. Sometimes majors will limit their regional partners from operating flights for another major out of a hub that both majors share. You do have to remember to use the right airline name when you make announcements.

For a lineholder that has a trip...when do you typically have to be signed in by?

45 minutes before departure.

What i meant by category is say your a junior lineholder and your trip starts on Friday - Monday, verses a senior lineholder who starts on monday - Thursday. Is there like a rating for those differences?
No. You just get what your seniority holds.

And how does Jumpseat and non-reserv work if you're regional doesn't partner with the major carrier. I thought pilots for all airlines could commute on other airlines planes as long as they are all part of the same jumpseat aggrement. Ex. Skywest doesn't partner with American, so does that mean I could not ever commute on a AA flight to my base?

With very rare exceptions any US 121 airline pilot can jumpseat on any US 121 airline, including UPS and FDX. You have higher priority on your own company and then on your major partner(s).