View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 06:32 AM
johnso29

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by Red Forman View Post
You want Delta to make a profit right? Let's say DPJ gets rid of their big iron because you won that grievance, now those customers that have all the money get mad because they want to fly on a Gulfstream and not a Lear so they go to Netjets. That's a revenue stream Delta lost all because you just had to stick it to someone and file a grievance. I would understand if it was one of the regionals violating this part of your scope, but the smart thing to do would be to allow DPJ to fly the corporate big iron because it keeps Delta paying passengers happy to be able to fly on whatever they want and because they are paying big money to Delta in the process.
Originally Posted by 3XLoser View Post
Some of the people that I fly WILL NOT get on the airlines, even when flying between city pairs with nonstop airline service. If they have to charter for whatever reason, they don't have a boarding pass, and they don't arrange the trip through an airline's website or through an airline's reservation agent in Bangalore India. If you give these people the slightest hassle you'll never see them again, not even in the first class cabin on your jetliner. To start a scope fight with Delta Air Elite, Seagrave, Pegassus, or whoever won't accomplish anything. It's a totally different world that has nothing to do with airlines at all.
Like I said before, patch up the small hole before it becomes uncontrollable. Delta can continue with all the big biz jets they want, but they'll be flown by pilots on the Delta seniority list.