Old 01-26-2007, 08:57 AM
FL410
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Furloughed
Default Regional Airline of the year goes to .........

Horizon Air Named Regional Airline of the Year by Air Transport World
1/26/2007 8:38 a.m.

SEATTLE — Horizon Air has been named Regional Airline of the Year by the editors of Air Transport World magazine. Horizon was chosen from among all regional airlines worldwide.

"Reflecting its founders' philosophy, [Horizon] remains committed to its local communities and to delivering a safe, reliable and friendly product," notes ATW in its February issue. "Eschewing the no-frills model, it offers complimentary regional wines and microbrews to the more than 6.5 million passengers carried last year and provides free Starbucks coffee and copies of the Wall Street Journal in its boarding areas."

ATW also recognized Horizon's technical leadership in developing and implementing state-of-the-art onboard navigational equipment to help increase reliability in poor weather, as well as its introduction of the Q400 and CRJ-700 aircraft to U.S. markets. In addition, the editors noted Horizon's sustained profitability during some of the most challenging times for the airline industry.

"This honor is a recognition of Horizon's people, both past and present, and the very special culture of resourcefulness, skill, professionalism and caring teamwork that they've built over the years," said Jeff Pinneo, Horizon president and CEO. "I believe it's been the many expressions of this culture, and the positive impressions they've left on our customers over the years, that have set us apart."

Horizon will receive the Regional Airline of the Year award at ATW's ceremony in Washington, D.C., on Feb. 21. ATW began its annual awards program in 1974 to recognize excellence in the airline and commercial aerospace industries, and it currently selects winners in eight categories annually.

Founded in 1981, Horizon today serves 46 cities throughout California, Colorado, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, and British Columbia and Alberta. Together, Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines serve 89 cities and are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group, Inc. (NYSE: ALK).

Not a very quick upgrade but this is why I want to spend my career with them... Congrats all QX employees.