Old 11-09-2011, 06:20 PM
HerkDriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: A300 F/O

Originally Posted by Pakagecheck View Post
Funny how everyone is so quick to complain about what our MEC does for us yet probably less than 20% will vote. There are about 1500 guys in these blocks. Would be nice to have at least half cast a ballot for something this important! Won't happen though!
Did you see how many ballots were cast during the nomination portion? A whopping 86 ballots...only 25-26 had a candidate for Block 6. After they threw out the ones that were invalid (due to no signature, etc.) only 19 ballots counted to determine the top two candidates for this block.

It really is pathetic how much we complain about things, but how little we are willing to do to affect any kind of change. I would like to think that things like Age 60 & 4a2b would get members more engaged in the union and the election processes, but who am I kidding? For the most part, as long as our pilots have money in their pocket and decent catering, they could care less about anything else.

I'm willing to bet the participation in the Scheduling and Negotiation surveys will be relatively low as well....we are truly our own worst enemies.

Fly Safe!

For the record, I'm in Block 6 and voted during the nomination & election phases and did both surveys.