View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 10:33 AM
Woofer
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Airbus 320 Left Seat

Typhoonpilot,

If by recruiting DEC's, EK will find it hard to employ F/O's is very subjective in my opinion. Last time Emirates recruited DEC's they still managed to recruit F/O's.

If a F/O joins an airline as they don't employ DEC's is, without any offence intended, dreaming. Even more applicable today where every airline is after cost cutting.

Why, may I ask, do you state that hiring DEC's entails a high percentage risk? Aren't recruitment up to the task to select the appropriate people?

Emirates route network is indeed very diverse (worldwide ops) and can be demanding. Having said that it doesn't mean its only the job for internal upgrades. Granted that they already know the procedures, routes aand have you making it 'easier' but it still doesn't mean that when their time is up for upgrade they are going to breeze through it. As a matter of fact, a high percentage are failing their upgrade.

I have flown in every continent with no problems whatsoever. Yes flying in Africa, for example, can be demanding but with good preparation and attention the flight's outcome should be safe. Then, I guess, it's up to the individual to put in some effort and don't expect to be spoon-fed all the way through training.