Thread: Ati hiring
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 11:15 AM
FlyAstarJets
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Frm. DHLAirways. Blue & White Boeing's Now. YEA!!

Just to expand on my friend "bitter's" post. My reply is in red:

Originally Posted by bitter View Post
Parking 8's.
Half true. Retaining three for ad hoc charter and two for hot spares in the DHL system. The four DC-8 Combi's will be replaced one at a time by 757 combi's starting the end of the '12 second quarter. The remaining DC-8's will be parked.
Displacing 20 FO's and 6 Captains from the 8.
True. But I thought it was five capts.
Furloughing 16 PFE's
Sad, but true.

Management tight lipped on how many 767/757 are slated to come to ATI in 2012.
Not so tight lipped. A third 767-300 is in conversion now and I understand that a fourth will be a arriving. Don't know if ATI is slated for the fourth one or not. And the 757 have been discussed above.

ATSG, parent Company to ATI, has stated in there last 8K, that they intend to get rid of all the DC8's at ATI.
This likely will happen as fast as the 757 combi's can be delivered.
Yes and Yes. Timing for the freighters is a big question mark. But if they can make a buck with them before their heavy checks are due, you bet Hete will hold on to them until they are wrung dry.

FWIW, IMHO you will see pilot furloughs before you see pilot hiring.
FWIW I hope your HO is wrong. It's bad enough that we are losing some great people with the 16 PFE's being furloughed. I hope that they find some business for the pax 767 that is parked in ILN soon. That will help. But the reality is that there might be some short term furloughs.

I think you can forget any pilot hiring for quite a while.
Just my .02Cents
Might be wrong, might be right.
Time will tell.
Again, if they find biz for the pax 767 and if our ops are not carved out from the new flight&duty regs coming down the pike, we just might have to hire.
I Hope things turn out that we don't have to furlough any more that has been announced. On a positive note. If we furlough, most of the peeps have recall rights back to ABX. Rumor is that ABX will be in hire mode sometime in the 2'nd quarter.

FAJ