Old 11-27-2011, 08:34 AM
contrail67
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: 737

Originally Posted by GlobeTreker View Post
There has never been and never will be a pilot shortage. The majors have never been short of applications. If I were management and I thought there were truly going to be a shortage I would do one of two things.

1st. Scrap all or most 50 seat jets. The staffing ratio for a 50 seat jet is roughly 10 pilots per plane. I would then buy large narowbodies (A320 and 737's) to replace them. Staffing those aircraft may be around the same or higher, but you move 3 times the passengers. Shortage averted.

2nd. I could also start an ab-intio program where I take a gullable 21 year old college grad and make him sign a 30 year contract to fly for my airline. Since he is most likely single with little responsibility the crap wages I offer in this lenghtly contract will likely not bother him. Now you own this poor young fool for 30 years. You include a rediculously high 1,000,000 bond in the contract to keepp your new pet from straying.

Shortage? There will be no shortage. here are too many tools at management disposal. Unions are corrupt weak and impotent. History proves me right.

Kinda like this article states:

Airlines cut small jets as fuel prices soar: Associated Press Business News - MSN Money