Old 01-29-2007, 04:03 AM
GovernmentIssue
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: A work in progress.
Default Quality Flight Schools in or near Los Angeles.

Hello everyone! I'm sort of new here. I've been lurking around these forums for a while now and after reading the threads on this forum my passion for flight has been reignited .

Of course like most here I fell in love with aviation at a very young age (6-7 by my parents calculations). I began flying at the age of 16 with civil air patrol right after graduating high school. I logged several hours and then attended university at UCSB were I "postponed" my pursuit of a PPL due to the high cost of admission and books. After 2 years of college and without a degree I married my highschool sweetheart and decided that I needed to start making a living (as a opposed to the generous monthly allowances that my parents provided).

After much drunken thought I entered the United States Air Force as a SP. After boot camp and to my delight I was shipped off to england. After a couple of years of *****ing and complaining to my wife about how much "I missed flying and that I wasn't living my dream blah blah blah" we finally decided that it would be in our best interest if I went back to flight school.

After researching flight schools around my base I opted for a local school at cambridge airport. Needless to say the bill quickly surpassed my humble earnings and I ended up taking classes weeks apart and you know how that is. It seemed asthough everyweek we revisited the past lesson and spent more and more time wasting time due to the fact that I didn't have enough money to hammer out the lessons. After realizing that this would not work and was just a waste of money I "postponed" my dream yet again.

Now here I am 25 yrs. old currently a police officer in los angeles, the wife realized her dream of becoming a child psychologist and two weeks ago she said "It's your turn." So now I pose this question to you does anyone know of a quality flight training school (that will help prepare me for a career aviation) in or near the los angeles area? My plan is to attend school while I work and to eventually make a living (and most importantly to me) live my dream flying. Thanks for enduring this long winded letter and I appreciate your advice in advance. And before you ask yes I read the sticky: So you want to become an airline pilot.

Last edited by GovernmentIssue; 01-29-2007 at 04:45 AM.