View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Lab Rat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Jet Pilot

Originally Posted by CzechAirman View Post
Absolutely NOT in favor of a national seniority list. I'm a member of an independent union. My company is financially sound. My company would be a purchaser of other companies and then they would take selected assets and selected key employees only. My company is in no danger of ever being bought out by another and therefore, I have no worry of having to start over at the bottom of someone else's seniority list.

It seems that the only people in favor of a national seniority list are those working at financially struggling airlines and those that are in danger of being bought out.

Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
Remember those words in twenty years, because surely your day too will come....The wall street types will find a way to punch a hole in your situation and security.....What you have just posted has been said by many in the past during their pilot group's heyday and almost all have had to eat their words.
Not really. The pilots you are referring to worked for airlines in an airline industry. None of those folks you are referring to worked for multi-billion dollar, worldwide shipping conglomerates.

I agree with Czech Airman. The vast majority of the people who support a "national seniority list" are those working for bankrupt or near-bankrupt airlines.