View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 06:46 AM
Behay20
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2010
Position: LR-45/CE-525/CE-550

I interviewed there in 09, the interview went like this: Show up at 8 am and sat and waited for everyone to get their from their airline flights. Filled out paperwork for 45 minutes, took a written test ( basic IFR, Comm/ATP questions) and while you were taking the test people were getting called in for a sim eval.
The sim eval was on a PCAD simulator (very touchy dont use the rudders after you rotate). It was a takeoff, steep turns, climbs and descents, full procedure VOR approach at MSN, go missed and you brief the hold. Then vectors for the ILS 36 at MSN to mins and land. Pretty straight forward and nothing tricky for the sim eval, dont stress flying the sim perfect. They know its a hard sim to fly and just always be correcting for altitude and heading.

The panel interview was a three person, the Chief pilot, the head of training and a HR person. Again nothing too tricky as far as questions it was more getting to know you and background. Questions I remember were " what would you do if you were on a approach and the capitain was not responding to your call outs" or " what would you do if the captain was flying 200 ft high or low throughout your flight" other than I really dont remember. To be honest I wasnt too impressed at the panel interview portion, everyone seemed like they didnt want to be there and the head of training was chewing tobacco and spitting it in a cup sitting right next to me...I mean if you need a chew that bad, take a break! In a interview, you have to be kidding me. Anyway after I was finished, they gave me drug test paperwork and sent me next door to take a drug test.

I was called two days later and was offered the postion, and I turned it down because they wouldnt tell me which bases I could expect or any bases that would be open for new hires. From what they expained to me, they said we would go through training and after we were done we would pretty much pick out of a hat and we could trade with each other. I know its a stupid reason, but I would hate to be stuck in one of their hole in the wall bases and hate my job and be stuck in a 7,500 training contract. To each their own I guess, it turned out to be a good decision for me in the end. Overall it's a OK place to be at, I know a couple people working there and they dont have too much to gripe about other than the normal QQL issues and sub par pay that usually come with a cargo feeder job.

Have you applied to any 135 jobs or any regionals ? With your time you should be able to hook up with something with better QQL and better equipment * not that I'm hating on ACC here, but well you know what I'm saying.