Thread: UAL Work Rules
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 09:38 PM
dwaingrow
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2011

Originally Posted by EWR73FO View Post
True but I want to see some apples to apples comparisons here. I.E., reserves at CAL get 12 days off a month with 8 being immovable/rollable. What say UAL?
UAL domestic and international reserves both get 12 days off per month. International reserve have 4 holy days that can't be moved. Domestic reserve days are inviolate. There are many other work rules, you really need to read the contract. You will not find a UAL pilot sleeping in a plane when the company can't find a hotel. You will have a bunk or a first class seat for rest on augmented international flights. You will deadhead in First or Business when deadheading to fly a leg when the deadhead is over 3 (I think) hours, Econ Plus if deadhead to a layover or to home base. First class to and from PC if available when you book it and it always has been for me as you typically book several weeks out from your PC. We have very strong hotel committee oversight of our hotels. Aside from work rules we have, in the past, had a strong ALPA safety and training committee give and take with UAL. We don't take checks in a FBS (yet). We have worked hard and given much to retain the work rules we have and to maintain the input that ALPA has with the company. Sad to see Smileton come into our house with a sledge hammer and trash the place.