Old 01-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Enemyofthestate
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: MSP 7ERA

Originally Posted by WideRide View Post
OK...so if it happens, let's go ahead and perform the inevitable speculation and bantering about seniority.

Let me go on the record and suggest a staple-job for American, ALA what they did to TWA. They are bankrupt, right? So was TWA - see, it works perfect. I'm kidding. In reality, I would assume a relative seniority type of arrangement would be the likely outcome (via binding arbitration after we all beat each other up) and the end decision would be something like the DAL-NWA integration.
I guess a lot depends on if it's an outright acquisition of the whole outfit, or a partial acquisition of assets, if those assets rise to fragmentation thresholds, if AMR would be in Ch7, and on and on.

Frankly I hope it's just assets. No ill will towards any AMR pilots, but I doubt and whole airline deal would go through without having to shed assets, and the assets we likely want ORD-DFW would likely be fenced AMR bases and the shedding would come out of the DAL side of the house with possible massive DAL furloughs

Last edited by Enemyofthestate; 01-12-2012 at 12:32 PM.