View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 06:38 AM
ShyGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
I know lots of guys with DWI's (yes, some with more than two!) who have airline jobs. One guy got hired by a Major six months after getting it (yes he told them about it). It is NOT a career ender. But, it does not help you one bit.

Most people that I know who have them got them 5-10 years ago in college. The one that got hired by a major had not had a traffic violation, ever, until his little incident. I'm sure that helped a bit.

Wow. So this is what it all boils down to. Hiring DUI and DWI pilots.

I bet you ASA loves them! Especially after their little incident in GRR with a pilot in a parking lot. Wonder how many DUI/DWI he had prior to getting hired?

All in all it's not the end of the world, but he will have to strive to be the best. A lot of pilots drink like fish, so the interviewing pilot will most likely understand. It's the HR chick you have to worry about!
It's one thing to drink like fish.

It's COMPLETELY another thing to be STUPID enough to get behind the wheel when you know you've had a few too many drinks. DUI, and even worse, DWI?! Yeah, sounds like the perfect airline pilot role model!

Call a f#$king cab, and don't get one of us sober people killed on the roads. Thank you!