View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 06:10 AM
BaronRouge380
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Cloud surfing

Originally Posted by cstyle09 View Post
ACC will have a "flow-through" to being the pilot of Air Force One before they have one with UPS. For several reasons, it's simply not going to happen.

Yea, 2-3 (or more) years is a long time in that kind of work. Working for ACC was a pretty good choice for most of the people I know who went there. If you're young and single (you can afford to live on next to nothing for awhile) and you're willing to work hard under less than ideal working conditions, I'd say its a decent choice for somebody with 500-1000 total time looking for their first turbine job.

It's an especally smart choice if you wan to fly corperate or fractional. There is probably no faster way to 1000 Turbine PIC. Way faster than the regionals.

Oh, I forgot, quite a few guys at Omni now also.

Good Luck
I may just try it since I am really low on the multi time (50) to go to a regional. Pay seems to be better than a lot of Regionals if the data on APC is correct (25000 1st year FO, 17000 or less for many B1900 regional operators).
However, their website is not showing that they are hiring. Somebody posted they were desperate for pilots???