View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 12:40 PM
NeedAJob
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2008

There is a scheduled class on Feb 14 for 14 CVG 767 FOs. I'll repost to let those of you waiting on interviews know whether or not they fill that class entirely with new hires (bad news) or with 8 recalls and 6 new hires (good news).

There are plans for more classes in the coming months to support the delivery of 3 to 4 new (new to ABX) 767s. Everyone's fingers are crossed that the company does the right thing by recalling these pilots "first" then doing whatever they need to with new hires.

In that case, all new hires would be welcome and maybe we could move forward into this growth with some semblance of unity. If not - it'll probably be a cold shoulder to new hires and it will definitely be a deadzone at the negotiating table with the Company. Not pretty for "anyone".

Is it really that hard for everyone (namely the Company) to just do the right thing?

Wouldn't want to be caught in the middle of this until there is a resolution. Fortunately for those interviewing on 2/21, you should have an answer before your interview. If the Company does the wrong thing, I would recommend finding someplace else to go.

My 2 cents