Old 02-09-2012, 07:00 PM
forgot to bid
veut gagner à la loterie

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop

8 hours of ground school = 3 hours of instruction (according to Delta study but I'm inclined to believe it).
3 hours of CD/DVD instruction = 3 hours of instruction and you have quality control and a rewind button.

As to AQP?
I'm used to low vis takeoff, intercept a course fly out to an area, break off do all three stalls to the shaker and recover, steep turns (be ready for an engine failure during it), return for ILS and land. V1 cut on takeoff, return for non precision approach to a go around in the flare, return for ILS approach and land. Engine back takeoff into windshear and recover, return for no flap no G/S no VASI approach. Add in the easter eggs at will and at least an MEL and a hung or hot start. One time I was told no slewing and as always ATP mins.

That's normal, not a problem and even understandable. The Delta program is easier by far, systematic and well, get's the job done with no fluff you'll forget anyways because you never use it. I mean it's odd I no longer have to no the number of rivets required to hold the windshield on or have to diagram every system from a blank sheet of paper but I guess that doesn't do anything for you.

They like to say your knowledge should be an inch deep and 10' wide, about the width of the cockpit and the depth of a button push. Everything else will be at your fingertips (in 12 manuals), or you can call or just divert. But fly the airplane. That's the focus now- flying. Not useless maintenance for pilots.

I've grown to accept it.