Thread: Transcon Turns
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 07:25 AM
Realistic

We're probably both wrong. I have a feeling though, that if we stuck trans-con turns into the optimizer - we would be capable of doing some different things in terms of staffing. LGB hasn't benefited yet from more trans-cons or additional bases or even the American slots, but I suppose it could happen. I have no doubt that they will benefit some pilots at LGB.
We are frequently reminded that: "we are an East Coast airline."
I hope the boys in Kew are saying this in the same tone that I heard it, when they talk to prospective new hires. It's fairly common to see some "unrealistic" expectations out there.
In my case the unfulfilled hype has been predictable.
I hope (like you do) that we can break the cycle that we've seen played out at every major airline in America. But, the total-compensation disparity between the top and bottom of the seniority list (as compared to every other major airline) will become more apparent to more pilots as the months pass and THIS will be the main reason that we probably won't escape this cycle.
Even if we don't - we still have the best product in the industry and a very good group of experienced pilots who are painfully aware of what can happen if you don't execute efficiently.

Last edited by Realistic; 06-03-2005 at 07:47 AM.