Old 02-06-2007, 04:23 PM
JMT21
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by Uncle Bose View Post
It isn't that the aviation degrees' uselessness is "sometimes" professed here. It's pretty much constant, and supporters of the degree are mainly those working on one. Of course, they can't be expected to acknowledge that their current pursuit is an absurd waste of time and money...that'll come with experience.
Uncle Bose, I see you have been busy digging up dirt on me. I hope the accounting has been treating you as well as it has been me. Have you had any sweet job or internship offers?

John, the fact of the matter is this:

Aviation degrees are easy and you get nothing from them that you can't get at your local FBO. Those that earn them do so for the sole purpose of filling a line on an application. With that said many choose to roll the dice and try to get by with one. Many do so successfully (see Uncle Bose's quote of a previous statement of mine) and others don't (Uncle Bose and those that have lost their medical or been laid off are prime examples).

John, you would be doing yourself a real favor by not taking the easy way out. Get a four year degree in something other than aviation.