View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 08:08 AM
tsquare
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by SoCalGuy View Post
TS-
If you head back within the CAL/UAL Merger Thread, this topic of "To Band" or "NOT to Band" has been beat'in deeper than the dead horse.

As it's been said, or alluded to regarding that topic, it's probably an "Agree to Disagree" subject is broached. It appears that a majority of the L-UA Pilots have a specific thought as to why Banding should NOT be done, and the majority of the L-CAL Pilots feel otherwise.

Not to put words in the mouths of those who are advocates of "NONE Banding", but the reason I hear the most is that it promotes upward movement....IE-The Pinnacle of the Equipment in the B747-400 as the mixed fleet would presently come together. I'm sure those who reside on that side of the topic can speak better to that.

The argument from the side of those who advocate "Banding" ask what happens if Mgt moves to completely park, or severally downsize the fleet sitting at the top of the Pay Scales after a JCBA is brought about?? IE-Parking some, a lot, or all of the B747-400's?? No doubt, the need for large WB a/c is always gonna be a player (barring any form of Enhanced Code Share to outsource that lift) for the Future UAL and it's large Int'l structure......BUT the CAL guys/gals have already seen an entire fleet of L-UAL a/c parked in one foul swooped and essentially outsource (B737's, or "Guppys" as L-UA guys call them) to RJ flying. The parking of a fleet, let alone the "Highest Paying" fleet is NOT impossible, and could happen under this new "Crack Mgt Team". Those who reside within this area code also feel that having more a/c within the highest band (B787-777) would 'protect' in keeping the highest tier intact if Mgt chooses to remove some 'older' aircraft from the mix in the future.

As I said before.....Each side is extremely set in their views on this topic. I hope your able to get some constructive ideas/explanations via your questions

Just my .02 "Peso's"......

BTW: Thank's again for giving us Kiffin. He's actually behaving himself while winning games. Go figure!! Vol's gonna bat "500" come this season??
Thanks for the response. I will go to that thread and read about it, but it sounds like the same discussion we are having at DAL. The whale bubbas think they are something special and since we only have a few of them they are a very small part of the airline... Anyway.. I'll check out that thread.

Kiffin... I do not blame him for what he did. Orgeron though, I hope gets hit by a car... Ya'll are gonna win a bunch of NCs with CLK.. I hope we can win 7 this year.. but I am not real confident.. we are still very very young. I like Dooley, but I don;t know if he can win in the SEC.