View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 02:45 PM
120PC
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: '46 Cessna 120
Default Solo flying with student pilot cert.

Hey guys I have a quick question for ya:

In order for me to fly solo, is my instructor required to be at the airport while I am flying?

I own my own plane and there is no provision in my insurance policy about that.

It lists no such restriction in the FAR's and from what I have read it looks like I after i recieve the proper training and endorsements I am only limited by these restrictions:

(l) Limitations on student pilots operating an aircraft in solo flight. A student pilot may not operate an aircraft in solo flight unless that student pilot has received:
(1) An endorsement from an authorized instructor on his or her student pilot certificate for the specific make and model aircraft to be flown; and
(2) An endorsement in the student's logbook for the specific make and model aircraft to be flown by an authorized instructor, who gave the training within the 90 days preceding the date of the flight.
(m) Limitations on student pilots operating an aircraft in solo flight at night. A student pilot may not operate an aircraft in solo flight at night unless that student pilot has received:
(1) Flight training at night on night flying procedures that includes takeoffs, approaches, landings, and go-arounds at night at the airport where the solo flight will be conducted;
(2) Navigation training at night in the vicinity of the airport where the solo flight will be conducted; and
(3) An endorsement in the student's logbook for the specific make and model aircraft to be flown for night solo flight by an authorized instructor who gave the training within the 90-day period preceding the date of the flight.

What do you guys think?