View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Gajre539
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: EMB-170 FO

Originally Posted by 120PC View Post
Well good deal!

I am curious because my instructor moved 6hrs away the weekend I got my medical, after working with me for the last year while I waited on it. I was hoping that while he is gone I would be able to fly on a nice day and not be breaking the law. I have not talked with him about it yet but I dont see any reason why he would not let me.
Don't forget that your solo endorsement is valid for 90 days ONLY.

14 CFR 61.87 state:
(n) Limitations on student pilots operating an aircraft in solo flight. A student pilot may not operate an aircraft in solo flight unless that student pilot has received:
(1) An endorsement from an authorized instructor on his or her student pilot certificate for the specific make and model aircraft to be flown; and
(2) An endorsement in the student's logbook for the specific make and model aircraft to be flown by an authorized instructor, who gave the training within the 90 days preceding the date of the flight.

When the endorsement of a student expires, I don't give them another 90-day endorsement unless I fly with them first. Personally, if I was your flight instructor and moved away, I wouldn't want the liability.

You'll will need to have your instructor review your flight plan for cross-country flights, not to mention give you training before your checkride, so it might be in your best interest to find another CFI who can work with you to finish your training.