Old 02-07-2007, 10:25 PM
mcartier713
Blue Light Special

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Learjet 45 & G-IV

Sounds pretty much like deja vu from all the questions I asked a couple weeks ago...

This is what I got out of it all, Cosmik... First of all, I'm almost in the exact same situation as you, I'm 20 and I only have a year of college under my belt too. I just got hired at US Air to work on the ramp, which is a good day job and it will get my feet in the door. I'm also talking an online class so I can keep up with my education and hopefully start back up at my community college in the fall. As far as flight training goes, I'm living with my parents and taking from a local CFI, which most people will tell you, living with ur parents will save a buttload that you'd have to waste on living if you went to ATP or something. I'm going to get as much hours and as much **** done now before I go back to school so a) i can figure out if its what I really want to do in life in the first place, b) so I don't have to worry about all the hours I'll need, school, and work all at the same time.

I'm probably going to get my degree in business or something, which is pretty easy and generic in case I need something to fall back on. Start working for a regional by the time I'm 23, and get to a major by 30...

And as far as building hours goes, or being a CFI.. just instruct part-time while you're still going to school, and fly sky divers during the summer or something... Then when you graduate, you'll have all the hours and experience you need to start @ a regional... Thats my sappy plan anyway