Old 03-11-2012, 01:34 AM
FlyJSH
Day puke

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Out.

Originally Posted by TurboDog View Post
Just got a call from a friend of mine who left Shuttle America last year after working for them for 10 months. He received a letter requesting repayment of the training contract within the month for $11,453.00. His letter says if the training contract is not repaid by March 21st Chautauqua will be moving forward with enforcement action.

I also left Shuttle last year, but I have yet to receive anything yet.

Does anyone have any info on people who may have fought the company on this? There was all sorts of talk in the past about these contracts not being worth the paper they are written on, so I guess we are about to find out.

Please PM me if anyone has any insight.
I confess, I am one of the few who actually supports training contracts. It isn't because I want people to pay, but rather I want them to think LONG AND HARD about where they are going and if they think they should stay there X number of months. Maybe then they will only choose companies they want to work at rather than the first place that will hire them. (for the record, I have signed three training contracts and never broke one)

Your Friend owes it. Maybe he can get a lawyer to get him out of it (perhaps perfectly legally). But the fact remains he signed a contract of his own free will.

Think of it this way: I bought a car from you, promised to pay $12,000, but only paid $10,000. Should I be able to keep the car while you are out $2000?

If he left early, he should pay. If his new job is so fantastic, paying out the two months of his contract should be easy...

or maybe the government should take care of him.