View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Ogie Ogilthorpe
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2011
Position: 2 Min for Roughing

you'd have to be more specific on your career goals. As you know there are a lot of opportunities here in AK for single engine prop guys which you obviously fit the bill. Either option doesn't sound like you're going to get twin turbine so not sure where you're going with this. Most people would stay where they can get that coveted twin turbine PIC time and then go where the job is. My perspective personally: I'm an AK born and raised and now flying C-17's here at PAED however if AS or FeX and some day when they start hiring UPS don't call I'd move down to America for a few prime ops ie. SWA. but if you're talking Penn Air, ERA, Grant or Hageland then it's just a stepping stone and you should consider nothing else but that step and how it will work out for you and your lifestyle because neither will "boost" your career whether it's single turbine down there or up here. You've already acquired that coveted "AK" time most of these guys like so you can go when and where you choose to the above operations. I would also consider AAR in OAIX. Not sure if they're flying the U-28 but it's pretty effective in theater. Again give us more and help me help you.