View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 02:00 PM
landlover
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2010

Originally Posted by ameasham View Post
yes, I wish there were more promising offers out there, but there arent. Over 10 years in the airlines, and Im being vetted by commuters, and outfits like USA Jet. Should I just go on unemployment and wait this thing out? I want to stay current, so pretty much need something, anything! I wasnt looking for a com pany breakdown, just crashpad info, or apartment info for YIP. Any info will be appreciated yall.
freight dogg
I don't know anyone specific with a crash pad but there is usually one in the "lake in the woods" which is about 8 mins to the airport. Avoid the milk farm at all times unless you're looking to purchase illicit drugs(basically the only store between the "lake in the woods" and the airport if you take the short route). The crash pad I was in dissolved and I did the red roof for close to 4 years instead of getting another crash pad. I was delusional and thought I would get another job shortly. I was at a different company than usajet and we didn't stay in base very long for the most part. red roof was like 35.00 a night with taxes. the hampton inn used to have a descent rate but also has a shuttle that would pick you up from DTW and would bring you to YIP when you had a trip. that would help if you are with out a set of wheels.