View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 10:41 AM
JamesNoBrakes
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Volleyball Player

Originally Posted by squawkoff View Post
There are enough laws on the books. We want a law passed because the American people (includes me too) are too lazy to do research on their own and then vote with their feet or pocket book. Not only that, the info that we do find in our research, if we do research, may not be accurate. Between companies using the loop holes in the law and the media distorting the facts or delaying the facts we may or may not be able to sift out the truth within the piles of BS. Let's not forget that the very same congressmen that pass these laws are crooks too. Kind of like the fox guarding the hen house. Other than that I agree with everything else in the post.
Right, so with no accountability for the schools that don't tell people how it is, not accountability for the lenders that lend out to the SJSers, we somehow expect people to magically understand how the industry works before they make these decisions, and then just call them idiots when they get here and realize that it isn't all that they were led to believe? I'm all for responsiblity, but it's not fair to take on this attitude when people don't have the information to make balanced decisions, and at some point there should be some accountability, not after it's "too late".