View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 07:56 AM
Ray Blaszak
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: C172 LEFT

669605 ATP has come through a lot with all the material they have now. Just as a heads up you will need to buy an Ipad as they do everything digital now although students can still purchase paper charts (and I think they are required on checkrides) if they want. Some other advantages of ATP is all the cockpit's and flying procedures are standardized. Meaning every 2001 PA-44 looks exactly the same and every 89 looks exactly the same. Once you enroll they will send you the supplement make sure you memorize that and the profiles to a t. One thing I've been doing is getting all my written's done before my ACPP (I start in June) and only have my FOI and FIA left. This way all I need to concentrate on are the checkride and flying. I can't speak for other locations but the guys at CRG are top notch. The owner frequents there often, they will never through you into a checkride just because they can, and will really work with the student. Both chief pilots always keep their door open so students can ask them questions any time they want in case your instructor isn't there. They rely on the student to do mostly self study and come up with ground school lessons. For example, if you are struggling on approach plates you need to ask your instructor for a ground school. Again I am not speaking for the entire system. Not everyone can learn this way but I think I will do alright because I will get bored with lectures and want to spend most of my ground school time on real world principles as oppose to FAA written principles. Also most people at the call center don't know this but they do reimburse you up to 150 bucks for each written you take not at ATP. One huge complaint everyone has is there may not be a lot of time to take written's so you may have to come in and take them when you may not be ready because they require writtens to be done by a certain portion of your training.