View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 09:33 AM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

Originally Posted by Bucking Bar View Post
As the story goes...

So one day during recurrent, it is time for the President to stop by as they often do. After a 45 minute speech about longevity and how pilots need to leave or else this Regional Subsidiary will go out of business (this is after 9/11 and there are Delta pilots in the room at this regional airline) the Q&A begins. The second questions was, "did you get a $940,000 stock grant this morning?" He answered, "no." With the advent of the internet it is pretty easy to verify insider trading, so the IP leading the class pulled up the DAL insider trading page and sure enough ... $940,000.

The President spun around, saw the screen, grunted "UGH" and left the room with a door slam. Everyone laughed.

(now the real tool move) He shows back up at the end of the day, gets behind the lectern and explains he did not know about the money and it had been a surprise to him. He made a lame joke about his wife and shopping and left.

ACL, I don't know about millions, but if someone dropped $940K on me, I'd round it up.

Wasn't that a EV president? And what stock was it?