View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 03:11 PM
N9373M
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: 127.0.0.1

Originally Posted by Planespotta View Post
OK more background to the story...

1) I had purchased a ticket, but due to unforeseen circumstances, missed my original flight. Delta was gracious enough to put me and my buddy on standby for the next flight. It was a vacation-related trip; not standby for commuting or such. I was just a normal pax.

2) I made sure to courteously move the man's laptop out of the way before stowing my bag. If you had heard the patronizing tone in his voice and been in my shoes, it would have been difficult not to have felt the same indignation.

...but yeah, I can see how my story can be read as being a d*ck when traveling standby. I'm sure I'm the only one on here who has "tool" on his record
My take
1. Does not matter if you paid or non-revved. To me overhead bin space is mine, especially in 1st class. I would have had the FA find another space for your economy bag (ok - that makes me somewhat of a tool, but a 1st class tool). People bring too much crap onboard to avoid the check bag fees, but that's another rant.

2. You left that tid-bit out about moving his laptop. Should have said "yes sir, I moved it, I hope it does not cause any problems", and then graciously returned to your seat.

Happy Flying!