Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 07:34 PM
Sink r8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2009

Originally Posted by Bucking Bar View Post
He would first tell you he went to the Air Force Academy and flew in the Thunderbirds. They can't order coffee from Starbucks without telling the Barista, again. You know, the Thunderbirds never wore Sombreros, except this time ... hey did I tell you I went to the Academy? ... yes Sir, ... can I go now?

While you walk away a photo & three video files of you wearing the "non standard hat" would be sent to Mike Campbell with a question regarding whether this could be construed as an "illegal job action." Project pilots would be assigned to identify you and speculate as to what kind of nefarious plot you might be hatching.

A week later a Line Check Airman would be on your jumpseat asking about Pancho Villa and Mexican Outlaws. You would wonder why you've gotten four line checks in three days:

Come to think of it, probably better put on the hat, tighten the tie, then grab the current McRib, check the mailbox, walk quickly past the CPO (ignoring the candy, ear plugs and other pilot bait) and live to fight another day. Giving Thunderbird guy the "Shocker" while having my hand in my coat pocket is about as ziggy as I get with it.

Success - when you retire and everyone goes "who was that ?"
I think you're wrong, and I'm perfectly willing to risk DeadHead's job to prove it.