View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 07:49 AM
Ray Blaszak
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: C172 LEFT

I am not speaking for the rest of the system. I know John (the CP) and the owner are in there at least once a week snooping around. Not to mention with the standardization being done in JAX the instructors feet are always being held to the fire to do things properly. I don't need an instructor to hold my hand but if there is material I don't understand I certainly expect them to answer it. I know out of the 6-10 instructors they have there now most of them have been there almost two years and I even over heard them have a conversation with the CP (for the location) about a guy's checkride. They said there is no way they will sign him off because he wasn't ready. The CP for JAX described it perfectly. "You will see when you go to other locations just how bad some of the instructors are. I guess it's like a teenager who just so happens to get away from mom and dad. When they aren't watching there is no telling what they will do." I was skeptical of ATP at first but when I toured JAX the CP had no problem showing me whatever I wanted to see. Luckily, if I need extra time they said I could take some time away from my XC since I already have 200 hours. With having so many locations I am sure that there are really good, good, bad, and really bad locations. I am sure that with one or two instructors in Chicago they can probably get away with whatever they want and have lots of pressure to get students through. I know at JAX where the have 10-12 instructors they don't have as much pressure as the instructors only have one-two students at a time.